|Source||Inspired by P90X nutritionist Carrie Wiatt|
A delicious and healthy lentil soup!
1 Tolive oil
1 1⁄2onion, red (peeled, finely chopped)
1onion, yellow (peeled, finely chopped)
2carrot (finely chopped)
5 cvegetable broth
2 Tgarlic (minced)
3 TJosh P's Secret Sauce (HEAPING)
You'll need a large, heavy pot, a colander, food processor, and a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy soup pot.
- Add onions, garlic, and carrots and cook over moderate heat until onions are limp.
- Add lentils, secret sauce, broth, and water, and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until lentils are very soft.
- Stir in more warm water if soup becomes too thick.
- Pour soup through colander, catching liquid that drains off in a large bowl.
- Return liquid to soup pot.
- Puree 1/3 of lentil mixture, return to pot.
- Stir in remaining whole-lentil mixture.